Mayors, indigenous organizations and leaders of Panama, approved 7 documents in support of the Proclamation of the Constitution for the Rights of Mother Earth, as a result of the promotion made by the volunteers of the Global Embassy of Activists for Peace (GEAP) during the months of August, September and November.
With this amount 10 offices more offices join with proclamations and manifestos issued in 2018, by government authorities and institutions in the country that recognize Planet Earth as a living being, subject of rights.
The GEAP volunteers visited the provinces of Panama, West Panama, Coclé, Herrera and Chiriqui, to present the environmental proposal in different organizations, and where protocol events were later held with the assistance of the representatives of the institutions, activists for peace and the general public.
The chronological order of the approval of the Proclamations and the personalities that signed on behalf of their institutions were:
- June 25: José Isabel Blandón Figueroa, mayor of Panama City, approved the document in support of Mother Earth.
- August 17: Deidamia López representative of the Organization of Indigenous Women united by the biodiversity of Panama.
- September 6: Rafael Pino Pinto, governor of the Province of Panama, made official his support for the Proclamation of Constitution for the Rights of Mother Earth.
- September 13: Tomás Velásquez Correa, mayor of La Chorrera, confirmed his commitment to the planet.
- September 20: the mayor of Capira, Betzaida Enith Sánchez.
- September 26: Florina López Miro, on behalf of the Network of Indigenous Women on Biodiversity (RMIB).
- September 28: Luis A. Santos, for the Tú Tú Foundation.
- November 6th; the mayor of Aguadulce, Jorge Herrera.
- November 8: the mayor of Chitré, Olmedo Alonso Madrigales.
- November 22: the mayor of San Felix, Nicomedes Sanjur.
With the execution of these actions, support was consolidated for the welfare of the planet Earth and living beings. The representatives of each institution assumed the commitment to promote the recognition of Mother Earth as a living being and to promote the Inter-American Environmental Charter.